Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need Professsional help [about my job]
Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
QuantumPhysics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:25 am   Post subject: Need Professsional help [about my job]

I was given a project from a friend of a friend of mine to make a real estate website for listings like kijiji. He wants me to implement every city and country in the province that the user selects from a large list of languages. He wants me to make a login page where users can list their homes and properties for money online. He wants me to make it look very nice and authentic. I am getting paid 400$
Is this worth it? I know this will take a hell of a lot of time and hours. I am just thinking for a professional web developer is 400$ for a project like that worth it? Or should I tell him to raise the payment?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:51 am   Post subject: Re: Need Professsional help [about my job]

QuantumPhysics @ Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:25 am wrote:
I am just thinking for a professional web developer is 400$ for a project like that worth it?

No. Not even close.

Also, Kijiji and Craigslist post ads for free, so I'm not sure how this venture even hopes to be successful.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
sarahah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 am   Post subject: RE:Need Professsional help [about my job]

The cost of developing such a site will be between $500 to $1,500. Additional functions can significantly increase the website cost of development between $8,000 to $25,000.
Fexle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:14 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Need Professsional help [about my job]

sarahah @ Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:37 pm wrote:
The cost of developing such a site will be between $500 to $1,500. Additional functions can significantly increase the website cost of development between $8,000 to $25,000.

I totally agree with you.
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: