Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Looking for project Ideas
Index -> Programming, C -> C Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
QuantumPhysics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 am   Post subject: Looking for project Ideas

I am making this thread in search of project ideas that I can make in C. I would like to start having brand new innovation in the type of projects that I write. I am not looking for game ideas. I am aiming towards tools or software. Please be as open as you can, anything goes here. I don't care if it sounds unrealistic,, in fact I influence this. Please give me as much elaborate ideas as you can. I really need something to do.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SwanseaMick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Looking for project Ideas

Hi,

Have only just joined the forum, so sorry for delay in replying.

I am a serious genealogist, and wish to produce a decoder for GEDCOM Files, so that I can export data from my genealogy program, Family Tree maker 2012 (FTM) and import it into a MySQL database. Whereas most genealogy programs store their data in a built-in (i.e. hidden) database.

The GEDCOM standard (currently 5.5) was created to enable Genealogical data to be exchanged between researchers, and most Genealogical programs have a facility to Import/Export this type of file. The standard is freely available on the Web.

My aim is to make all the data openly available to MySQL, so that it can be examined and extracted at will. Presently I am at mercy of the available reports built into FTM, if it ain't there, I can't get it.

Genealogy is a growing hobby, and such a decoder would be a welcome addition to the Genealogist's armoury.

Please feel free to contact me for further details.

Regards

Mike
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for project Ideas

That user is banned anyway so it doesn't matter.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for project Ideas

QuantumPhysics? Since when?
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for project Ideas

http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=33779
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for project Ideas

Oh wow, I remember velocity, never knew it was him.
ncvitak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Looking for project Ideas

I would suggest making a complete physics engine/simulator in C, including atoms, photons, electrons, and all of the essential building blocks of our world
mirhagk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for project Ideas

For the GEDCOM guy, I can totally do that. I'm looking for some interesting projects lately, and I find data manipulation to be interesting.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
suresh_2013

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:11 am   Post subject: RE:Looking for project Ideas

How about writing some kind of predictors?
   Index -> Programming, C -> C Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: