Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I propose compsci get a new category!
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:39 pm   Post subject: I propose compsci get a new category!

The category should be for DarkBasic... for those of you who don't know about darkbasic then go to the link at the end of this post and research... darkbasic is awesome for beginner/pros for making 2d or 3d games... really easy... but yeahh...

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com
or
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com

ps- look thru the showcase for example games
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i looked in to that progaming langue anlong time ago. did not like it much, c++ or java with 3d librealy is much better in my opttion.

but if enogth poleop whont it, may be we could added it....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not Dark ,its to incompatible ,ve alreeady fought to get BlitzBasic , which is the better , more efficiant and more compatable version , and its more adept t o3d gaming , that uses 3ds max and lightwave for its animation , you will never get it dude
Delta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok now your just being crazy... which version of darkbasic are comparing Blizt to? because the version I have completely blows blitz away... and its compatible enough for windows so thats good enough for me. Darkbasic pro uses .mdl1, .mdl2, .mdl3, .x... you can easily export your 3ds models as .x or one of the .mdl files.. so yea... darkbasic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

u know that way we could have a lot of categories here. i mean there's brainf**k, python, RealBasic, Perl, Bsh, tcsh or zsh, C#, haskell, ocaml and it goes on and on and on.. some of these languages i've listed are pretty good

so.. if its popular, here in compsci. then obviously we would need another category. otherwise.. hmm just post in the General Discussion .. i guess
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

take a look at the commands , and all the extra programs that you need to buy for it to be complete ,blitz comes complete , alsoblitz has all the power of dark AND ITS 23meg Shocked , dark is what an entire cd , the only thing that is remotly better about dark is the fact that it suports direct x 9b , blitz dosent so that it is compatible with slower and older computers , and the difference between 7 to 9 isnt that huge , well not for our level of programming at least ,eith would be fine , we should have a BASIC forum , and then sub forums for the 2 variations ,that would be better , i have enough tutoials here to fuel about 50 threads , and im willing to write them all out for compsci. if they would give us a chance , ive posted a 3d game demo , i mean blitz and dark , both can use the quake 2 engine , making games with the quake 2 engine is awsome , i have seen full multiplayer fps , done with both , here flawless and modifiable , done in about 10 thousand lines of code, its tremendous , admins you should lets us have a chance , we will get people interested ,alot of peopel want to get involved with games in turing , and then want more , and faster ,more graphicle ,and compatible , i mean whats easier that importing a 3DS model and making a game with it ,

Thanks for Reading my rant , hopefully someone will understand it
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok so maybe we could rename the VisualBasic category to just BASIC this way you can post projects of various BASIC distros.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Now There is an idea Rizzix , also i belive that it will draw more attention to the other languages , if peopel can see what the y do also , the fact that BASIC ( dark , blitz ) is so cheap and easy to use , DARK is only 49.99 ( pro is 89.99) and blitz is (100.00) , Very Happy Very Happy , But the forum would need to be more than just renamed to BASIC , becuase it would bet really confusing which turotials are for which , you would need sub forum for blitz and vb and dark ,
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

And has anyone noticed , that compsci hots some forums that never get used , we still have 2 i thnk that have no posts , delta and i are willing to put in the effort to make the BASIC forums usefull and huge ,
Lezlan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow this darkbasic looks awsome! Is it a program or a language?

And if its a program is it free?
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there both languages , Based on BASIC

Why doeseveryone want dark basic and not blitz , if you compare thm blitz is easier and you dont need to buy addons for different things ,also 4 commercial games have been made with it,

www.darkbasic.com

www.blitzbasic.com
Lezlan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is blitz a free download?
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there is a free 30 run version , and its 20 meg ,the full app is only 23 meg in size , and just look at its power
Lezlan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool... i must check this out!

hmmm... i can't find the download Sad
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

run the dragon demo
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: