Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Suggestions on what to work on
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Panphobia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 pm   Post subject: Suggestions on what to work on

From the first dwite round to the second one, I was just practising BFS/DFS and all the shortest path algorithms, but then came dwite round 2 and I found that there were no maze/grid questions, and I was tackled with a question that used a greedy algorithm, which I know nothing about. I am just asking, which algorithms should I learn and get familiar with to solve most of the dwite questions?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions on what to work on

There isn't a set checklist of algorithms that will be enough to always complete DWITE. You should go back to previous years and take a look at those questions -- there's a bunch of ad-hoc questions. Familiarity with particular algorithms will give you practice and inspiration to approach non-standard problems.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: