Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Waterloo or U of T Comp Sci Admission Averages
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Leo Crimson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:30 pm   Post subject: Waterloo or U of T Comp Sci Admission Averages

My top 6/required for Grade 12 so far:

Chem - 92
Data - 93
Higher Functions - 90
ICS4U - 85
Calc/Vec - 75 (will definitely go up when we start calculus)
English - 73

The booklets from Waterloo said minimum admission was mid-80's and U of T was low-80's. What are the chances I'll make it into either, assuming marks stay relatively the same or go up by 2nd report card?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rgawdzik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Waterloo or U of T Comp Sci Admission Averages

Each year UW gets more competitive, and the CS program admission average increases. People with 88+ averages get rejected.

How are your Extracurriculars?

UofT will be good to get in, They usually have flat admission averages.

Improve the English and calc to at least an 85.
crossley7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:27 am   Post subject: RE:Waterloo or U of T Comp Sci Admission Averages

You will want a bit higher for Waterloo depending on how extensive your extra curriculars are for your AIF, Toronto probably depends on the campus. Downtown (St. George) you will probably want a bit higher to be sure. You will want the calc to 85+ like the previous post said and will want english up but may not need it up quite to an 85. (I had 86 and was accepted in January already last year)
Leo Crimson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:08 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Waterloo or U of T Comp Sci Admission Averages

rgawdzik @ Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:55 pm wrote:
Each year UW gets more competitive, and the CS program admission average increases. People with 88+ averages get rejected.

How are your Extracurriculars?

UofT will be good to get in, They usually have flat admission averages.

Improve the English and calc to at least an 85.

I do some musical playing, piano for instance; play for the school chess team; and I write some of the school's math contests if that counts too. I assume it'll also help if I write the CEMC on Tuesday and the Euclid in April?

crossley7 wrote:

You will want a bit higher for Waterloo depending on how extensive your extra curriculars are for your AIF, Toronto probably depends on the campus. Downtown (St. George) you will probably want a bit higher to be sure. You will want the calc to 85+ like the previous post said and will want english up but may not need it up quite to an 85. (I had 86 and was accepted in January already last year)

Gotcha, thanks.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: