Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Graphics card
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
goru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:29 am   Post subject: Graphics card

Few days ago my graphics card crashed. So now i have to need a new one . anyone can give me please in what price of range i can get a good graphics card.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics card

A good graphics card that can play 99% of modern games at medium settings should only set you back about $100. You can get some that are way over the top, will play every single game on highest settings but it'll cost you like $500. I'd say go for the $100 one, because even if you have to replace it each year to stay modern, it's still cheaper than the crazy expensive ones (which you'll have to replace every couple years anyways)
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Graphics card

What do you mean by "my graphics card crashed"? Unless there is something physically wrong with your card, you might be able to fix the issue your self.

Even with physical damage to the card it may be possible to fix. In some cases you can get a few more months out of the card by heating it up to the point where the solder melts and letting it cool off again. This can be done in a house hold oven but be very very very careful and we don't take any responsibility if you kill your self or burn your house down.

See this video for more info (it does not work for him but did for me): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK7RZjAC-qE
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
goru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics card

Sorry i had to be more specific. Like i need 14 GB which contains 384 bit color. And also with 2400 MHz or more clock speed. Any good brand will be good.
goru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Graphics card

goru @ Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 am wrote:
Sorry i had to be more specific. Like i need 1 GB which contains 384 bit color. And also with 2400 MHz or more clock speed. Any good brand will be good.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics card

384 bit colour? Is this for SIMD or did some marketing guy decide that humans can detect that many different colours?
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics card

For someone who knows exactly what he wants, he sure doesn't know very much about what he wants.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 am   Post subject: RE:Graphics card

the important part of graphics cards is the shaders supported. Does it support DirectX 11 etc. Then memory size and clock speed come into play, with number of cores being more of a factor than clock speed (but it's not usually shown for some reason)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: