Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is a Win8 Laptop Touchscreen Compatible with Windows RT Apps?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
BigBear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:20 pm   Post subject: Is a Win8 Laptop Touchscreen Compatible with Windows RT Apps?

I just bought a Windows 8 laptop with a 10 point touch screen.

The touch screen works in Desktop mode and in Metro mode.

Is the touch screen just mimicking mouse events or is it compatible with Windows RT apps.

Or is it just mimicking mouse events for the Desktop.

If I recompiled a Windows RT app would I be able to use it with the touch screen?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Is a Win8 Laptop Touchscreen Compatible with Windows RT Apps?

Windows RT is windows designed to run on the ARM tablet, and it's a subset of windows 8. In windows 8 both tiled (metro) and desktop mode function perfectly fine, and the tiled mode will be pretty much the same as windows RT.

Windows RT apps are built with the .NET framework so the apps should all be possible to recompile the apps for windows 8 on x86 processors (in theory, in actuality there might be some library code that doesn't work, but I think for the most part it should run perfectly fine).

As I understood it though all the apps on the windows app store we're designed to be able to run on both ARM and x86, so you can probably just purchase them all from the windows store.
BigBear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Is a Win8 Laptop Touchscreen Compatible with Windows RT Apps?

So can I program a metro UI app using the touch screen and then compile it on arm at a later date and it will still work?
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Is a Win8 Laptop Touchscreen Compatible with Windows RT Apps?

So long as you only use libraries that are also on the ARM version I believe so yes
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: