Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What kind of graduate school can i go?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
tigerhunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:03 am   Post subject: What kind of graduate school can i go?

Hi everyone,

I am currently a CS student at Waterloo, my average will be around 75~80 when i graduate. I am in the regular program and i do not have any experience in any company. I plan to do some research next year for about four month.

I want to go to a graduate school major in CS or ECE. Can anyone give me some suggestion about what level university can i go? Can i still maintain study at a top CS school?

thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 am   Post subject: RE:What kind of graduate school can i go?

as great as Waterloo is, my advice would be to mix it up and continue studies at another institution. There's tangible benefit from academic cross-pollination.

With that in mind, U of Toronto is likely to be the best choice for graduate studies.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
tigerhunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:33 am   Post subject: Re: RE:What kind of graduate school can i go?

Tony @ Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 am wrote:
as great as Waterloo is, my advice would be to mix it up and continue studies at another institution. There's tangible benefit from academic cross-pollination.

With that in mind, U of Toronto is likely to be the best choice for graduate studies.

That is really what i think. I want to try different environment. But i am a little bit not confident about my GPA and research background. According to my background, do you think i have chance to go to UofT or other top CS institutions?
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:47 am   Post subject: RE:What kind of graduate school can i go?

No idea. You should research what kind of things the University would be looking for on your CV from a more authoritative source than random people on an online forum Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: