Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 NTFS Data Recovery?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:24 am   Post subject: NTFS Data Recovery?

Does anyone know a good program to recover data from a corrupt drive using NTFS? A week and a half ago my wife's machine crashed bad. I tried the obvious solution of adding the drive to my machine, mine won't even boot with her drive attached. I have had some success with Active@recover from www.ntfs.com. With that I used a DOS boot disk, the program can read the drive but is very, very slow (16 hrs to scan root directory, 7 days to recover 5% of the lost data) I'm trying to recover about 6Gig of digital pics. Using this program It will take about 140 days straight. Does anyone know of a better program or method?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it it's the actual hard drive and it's still under the manufacturer's warranty, contact them... they'll likely get a credit card # from you (you likely won't be charged anything though) then they send you a new hard drive... once you get that one going (install windows, etc) you should check the manufacturer's website (or ask about it when they call) for a program to recover your data from your old hard drive... I've gone through this once or twice with hard drives crashing... both times the manufacturer was really cool about it...
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What manufacturer did you deal with , Seagate told me it wasnt there problem
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.elcomsoft.com/aefsdr.html this looks alright, I can probably aquire you a copy if you want. No questions asked :p
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

From the above, it's a Maxtor, their site suggests that I'm SOL. Darkness, ya please if it's not too much trouble.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Of course not. I wouldn't offer if it was too much of a problem Wink
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

maxtor is who I have dealt with in the past and they've been really cool about it
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea its a real pain having a hard drive crash.. and having to get the stuff off of it......WORSE.... Evil or Very Mad is there anything like that available for Win98, with a hard drive crashing and loosing files to file001.file ETc..i forget whtat those are called...but yea... i lost every MB of HARd drive to float, only like 80 percent was regained, but into stupid file001.file deal
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The best I can do is version 1.30 pro. I'll bring it to ya tomorrow.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the short1, no offence or anything, but with ur programming skillz and ur grammar, i dont think u'll make it as a software engineer
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hahaha you may have apoint. hey computer engineers dont have to do much programming correct?
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no... not really... sometimes tho, but u do need to know assembly
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well im really good at the hardware aspect, but weaker on the programming. i.e. 98%-hardware 82%-Programming. Still 90% tho.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

assembly isn't that hard once you figure out how things work... you still need to have programming skills though
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya i knwo. Im not bad at VB, Im just not great.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: