Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Racket Assignment - Help Finding Error
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
xoxoxoxoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 am   Post subject: Racket Assignment - Help Finding Error

I'm attempting to write a program in Racket that will consume 4 points p1, p2, p3, and p and produce the value true iff p is on or within the triangle formed by p1, p2, and p3. The program will do this by taking the cross-products p1p2 x p1p, p2p3 x p2p, and p3p1 x p3p, and produce the value true if the resulting vectors point in the same direction. I submitted the program to Marmoset, but it failed two of the public tests, and I have no idea why. I have continuously tried the check-expect test, but the results are all correct.
Are there any other test suites I can write in Racket that will help me find the error in my program?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dreadnought

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Racket Assignment - Help Finding Error

Have you considered all edge cases?
Ultrahex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Racket Assignment - Help Finding Error

There is many people that can help at university if you have an issue; however this is an assignment. The point of this assignment is for you to understand Racket as well as understand the cases. Do more unit testing before you submit and start assignments early.
Snario

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Racket Assignment - Help Finding Error

I'm guessing you're in CS 145?
tigerhunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Racket Assignment - Help Finding Error

i guess this is a cs135's question. I think i was working on this question when i was in cs135
crossley7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 am   Post subject: RE:Racket Assignment - Help Finding Error

this was a CS145 Question in September. Would be surprised to see 135 doing it so early
ajim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:57 am   Post subject: Re: Racket Assignment - Help Finding Error

Hi friends.. this is ajim, acropolismentors provide us help in any kind of stream, they have professional team to help us. They provide us professional assignment by the simple guidance.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: