Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Psychic Program! Reads your mind...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:07 am   Post subject: Psychic Program! Reads your mind...

follow the instructions given in the program for it to read your mind. PM me if you want to know how its done.

Psychic Program.zip
 Description:
Psychic Program

Download
 Filename:  Psychic Program.zip
 Filesize:  274.21 KB
 Downloaded:  343 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Took me 2 mintutes to fiure out the algorightm , not matter what for the first one ( only played once ) your number will always end up as 1 , Phycis auck man , THat reminds me of Miss Cleo Very Happy Very Happy , theres a better algorithm that took me a day to figure out , its really good
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha...youve figured out nothing. It is very rare it will show up as a 1. The algoryth m for it is actually very simple....but it doesnt always show up as a 1 at the end, run it a coup-le more times and ull see
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ohhh it is a little bit harder , itseems that the algorithm wasnt as easyas i thought ,
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nope...it always multiplies by 9...the key to this algorythm is subtracting by a random integer at the bottom, and displaying the result of the math minus that random integer, th erfore changing the result every time. Very Happy
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OK i see where your going now , wow that was actually quite a good algoritm , i thought it was like one i saw before but it actually not , Good Job Dan
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks...and it actually is quite an easy algorythm, heh.
nate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The algorithm is simple. Most people know that the numbers (1-9) * 9 always has digits that add up to 9.
eg.

so when you minus it by 8 it will always turn out to be one!
Is this how you are doing it? or not?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, good for you, ya uncovered the algorythm! Except that the "8" is a random integer between 1-8, and it is subtracted by 9 at the end result.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: