Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Scientific Computing or Algorithm Analysis and Complexity Theory
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Chawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:03 am   Post subject: Scientific Computing or Algorithm Analysis and Complexity Theory

Well the time has come for me to pick a concentration and focus my Comp Sci degree; I am stuck between Scientific Computing (the career I want) or Algorithm Analysis and Complexity Theory (the more interesting degree). Right now I am leaning towards the latter as I already have degrees in biology and physics and rationalize that I will be able to get a job building scientific models with either concentration so I might as well pick the fun degree.

Thoughts, comments, advice?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Scientific Computing or Algorithm Analysis and Complexity Theory

You might have to watch out for buzzword HR departments, which may look for a specific degree, but I think in general the kind of comp sci degree is nearly irrelevant, especially when you already have degrees in bio and physics (you're on your 3rd degree? that's crazy).

Go for the fun one as long as you understand they may be the tiniest of risks.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: