Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Trash Turing!
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Which programming language/program is the best?
(No ending time set)
Visual Basic
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Turing
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
C++
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Java
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
HTML
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
PHP
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so whats wrong with turing?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well... that turing does not offer enough for a handfull of people who went above highschool curriculum Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well Turing isn't meant to be used beyond the highschool curriculum so while in highschool Turing is fine (imho)
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

God.... i could use turing for some realy Wicked Stuff..... its very ez to learn... fthe first day in class ( i used a bit of Basic Language Before on a TheRadioShack-80 Color Computer 2) was able to know how to make my Maple Leaf Program with reversed axis.... only 2 days of turing class.... then it got hard with the more advanced commands that i acuially had to learn.... you can self teach yourself the whole Turing class for gr.10 with just reading the text book and Help Files.... o and the Help of friendly compsci Gods...!! HEHE Wink !!!... i am pro now.... i think i might try to make something REALY good with turing after highschool... just for kicks... DONT BASH TURING!!!
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh yea.... this should be locked Again.!!!! Admin Should....
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nono this is a good discussion Smile
Triple Five

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i like Vb cause i like application making... im not really into making games and such so java and turing arnt my favs eventhou high-school compsci teaches turing...html is also very cool to know just incase you need a webpage... Very Happy
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how is knowing HTML > knowing how to use Microsoft Frontpage?

(other than knowing languages is good and all)

i dislike VB because it is too oriented on making applications... Turing (pure code) grants so much more freedom.
and also, why can't Turing do really good programs like C++ or Java? I know it can't, but I'm wondering whats the reason?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
and also, why can't Turing do really good programs like C++ or Java? I know it can't, but I'm wondering whats the reason?

ask yourself this:"Why is there no 3D engine made in turing?" Of course, we have all seen Catalyst's but that's no where near the stuff Catalyst made with OpenGL and DirectX. SilverSprite made raycasting, but it's way too slow, because it was done on turing. Particle Engines made with turing, after so many particles, it would literally freeze up your computer. So sure you can make all these with turing, but you won't be making a good versions of these engines.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

VB bites...
I think I should re-lock this topic. If I get 5 different people posting past t his post saying they agree with this topic being locked, I will lock it. (Or another Mod)
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Im #1 for LOCK , you have made a huge post about hte whole problem , thats all people ned to se ,there is no need formore on this topic
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Why would you put in a parting shot then ask to lock the topic? Do you honestly think one side of the VB vs Turing argument is going to "win"? I'll bet I've used both more than anyone on this site, and I can tell you that they are both great for what they are good at. To say that VB sux, you have realy missed the point.
OK I've said my peace
LOCK it up Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm tempted to leave this open and see just into what this might turn...

but then... neah, I had enough of this LOCKED
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tx Tony...
Yeah...Trash Turing? wtf are people thinking?! It was getting out of hand, stupid person who started this topic, heh. (not me)
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 44 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: