Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Adding a language to the General programming languages section
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Adding x86 Assembler to the programming forums section
(Voting is closed)
I would love it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Good idea.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I wouldnt care for it.
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
No.
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

QuantumPhysics

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:50 pm   Post subject: Adding a language to the General programming languages section

Wouldn't it be nice if we could include some more advanced programming languages such as; assembler or Scheme, which are my personal favorites. For more advanced programmers in this forums.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Adding a language to the General programming languages section

Why dont we toss in Scratch, while we're at it?
y4y

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Adding a language to the General programming languages section

scheme is advanced? what?
jr5000pwp

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Adding a language to the General programming languages section

I'd drop a vote for C#.
md

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Adding a language to the General programming languages section

If your interested in assembly then post something about it in the general forums. No need for a sub-forum for a single post.

Usually how it works is that if there are enough posts about a particular language then that language will get it's own sub-forum.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 am   Post subject: RE:Adding a language to the General programming languages section

I would vote for C# too, but if you really want help with C# you'll use microsoft forums, because the people over there know what their talking about (and microsoft also pays employees to answer questions on there, so it's not as likely for everyone to just skip by your question because they don't know either)

Also assembly is hard because there are so many different kinds, MASM, ASM, FASM, High Level Assembly, CIL (.NET assembly), and Java bytecode (assuming they have assembly to, though I haven't seen it). (BTW if your interested in assembly on windows, since assembly isn't cross platform anyways, check out CIL, it's not "true" assembly, but it's an object oriented assembly language that compiles to bytecode, and lets you use any of the .NET libraries that exist, including your own (meaning you can actually do something with it))
randint

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:31 pm   Post subject: RE:Adding a language to the General programming languages section

Scheme is good for Waterloo kids.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: