Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Avengers
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Leo Crimson

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:03 am   Post subject: The Avengers

Reviews for it say it's apparently amazing, although that's to be expected with a cast like this; . I'll probably go see it later this week after my chemistry and law tests.

Opinions?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Senecide

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:30 pm   Post subject: Re: The Avengers

I watched the movie yesterday and it was awesome! It definitely deserves the praises and ratings it gets. In my opinion it's the best out of all Marvel's movies. But I suggest watching some of their other ones because you would appreciate The Avengers a lot more. By the way, there is an ending credits scene.
Leo Crimson

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:15 pm   Post subject: Re: The Avengers

Yeah, I've only watched the Iron Man ones. Next on my list, hopefully this week, will be Captain America and Thor.
Amarylis

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:36 pm   Post subject: Re: The Avengers

Edit: Image wouldn't work, so screw it.

Arrrrg
hamid14

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:01 pm   Post subject: Re: The Avengers

i havent seen it, but its probably like the cartoon movie im guessing. I was so excited to watch captain america, but the actual movie is kinda lame and feels long. :\
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 pm   Post subject: RE:The Avengers

I like the Iron Man movies, and Captain America isn't too shabby. Thor was terrible. Hulk was pretty bad too. Can't say I anticipate The Avengers much with that track record.
Aange10

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:51 pm   Post subject: RE:The Avengers

I'm not a MARVEL follower, so I barley know anything about the characters. But I loved Iron Man in the movie. He was funny lol.

Thor was interesting, I didn't care for Captain America or the Hulk too much.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:03 pm   Post subject: RE:The Avengers

Thor is pretty easily summed up.
"Son, you've started a war we can't win without you. So I'm gonna cripple my forces by temporarily banishing you to teach you a lesson"

"Cool, look how much I don't fit in on earth! I'm from space-Rome and look at all the funny things I do!"

"Shit son, we're losing the war and we need you, come save us?"

And Thor goes back and saves them.

Movie over.

Captain America actually had some neat character development, even if it wasn't fantastic. Sure, it's a typical 'big-hearted loser gets tough and kicks ass' movie, but it was done well.

Hulk had really annoying editing and bad CGI to the point where I don't know if the actual plot or acting was any good. The bad was just so bad I ignored any potential good. Or there really wasn't any good in that film.

Glad we can agree on Iron Man.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Leo Crimson

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:50 pm   Post subject: Re: The Avengers

Saw it yesterday, managed to understand most of it without having watched Thor before (then again, I already had a good background knowledge of Norse mythology). Really liked Captain America as the leader of the team and the character as a whole.

Also, definitely did not expect the second post-credits scene. Nice addition, though.
Aange10

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 am   Post subject: RE:The Avengers

I bet I'd appreciate Captain America if I saw his background story. But all I knew, until now, was that he was unhumanly strong out of nowhere.

Jumping off the side of a ship, grabbing a loose bar, flipping over it and landing next to a lever on another part of the ship? Okay.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: