Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Why is this tower denfense program not working?
Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
tonyssheep

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:53 pm   Post subject: Why is this tower denfense program not working?

I want to use this program as a reference to my final project. But it's not working, anyone please help me?

src081.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  src081.zip
 Filesize:  638.1 KB
 Downloaded:  262 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Why is this tower denfense program not working?

what exactly are you trying to reference from the code? That is, the program doesn't need to "work" for you to be able to read it.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
tonyssheep

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Why is this tower denfense program not working?

My teacher will kill me if I cheat. The codes are not important to me, I`m just trying to know all the elements a python towerdenfense game should have, for example what can python possibly achieve with my programming level. I haven`t even start to program the game yet. Any links (not Adobe Flash) on TD games you can give me would be helpful.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Why is this tower denfense program not working?

Good answer.

A python TD can be as feature-rich as any other TD game. You could play some flash implementations (why not?) to get ideas for elements involved, and then decide what you want and can include in your game.

Protip: start with the absolute minimal set of features that will make the game playable. Once you have the basics that can be submitted, use the remaining time to add new functionality and polish. This way if you ever get stuck and run out of time, you still have a working project. It would be very beneficial to layout your code in a design that will allow for easy extensions and new functionality, so spend some time planning before coding.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
wtd

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:23 am   Post subject: RE:Why is this tower denfense program not working?

To add something to hat Tony has said...

Think about what you want to have in your game, and what you need to have in your game. Write your supporting code for the former, but add details for the latter.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Why is this tower denfense program not working?

Exactly. For instance, about a year ago I started working on a sidescrolling game. I got very involved in details though, all the non-essentials. Eventually, it became too hard to add any other basics I had put off for later; i had to do some stupid things to get them in. Eventaully it was just to bulky and annoying to work with, so i scrapped it without truly finishing it.

Don't go down that path Razz
   Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: