Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Import-based Turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amarylis

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:49 am   Post subject: Import-based Turing

So, I"ve been messing around with the Turing predefs, and I've been noticing that my copy of it takes forever to compile, and to create stand-alones. I've also noticed that it's always taking a long time to compile modules that I quite generally do not need.

I did some minor edits to my version after that, and now I made it so that it only implicitly imports a very limited quantity of modules (specifically, the Error, Errno, anyclass, Student, Limits, and my own module that has a number of constants and basic procedures).

I'm just wanting to know if anyone would be interested in it (I've also added a few routines to the Draw module, and something to do logarithms automatically for the Math module), cuz if so, I can upload it somewhere.

I'm also looking for some ideas on basic subprograms that could be added that would make the life of new Turing users a bit simpler, or anything people would think could be added to it that they use on a regular basis.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:35 am   Post subject: RE:Import-based Turing

I think some trig stuff could be pretty useful
Amarylis

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Import-based Turing

Anything specific in mind?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: