Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Programming courses online?
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
voodoochild16

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:23 am   Post subject: Programming courses online?

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of a college or university that offers programming courses online that provides a certificate or diploma?. I guess it wouldn't have to be just in Canada, as it would be online. But most sites I've seen look like scams. If I was to actually go to a college teaching programming I'd have to relocate. Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Programming courses online?

The Stanford online courses (a la AI class) provide I believe an online certificate upon completion. However, for the level of recognition I believe you are looking for, there's no substitute for physically going to a post-secondary institution.
Aange10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:24 am   Post subject: RE:Programming courses online?

www.udacity.com is an amazing site for that. I just finished a class over search engines and they did EXCELLENT at teaching. Very astounding on how well they did. I audited another class about making robotic cars, and the class too was amazingly executed.

The classes are 100% free and honestly great. There are like 6 new courses coming out April 16 and I have signed up for all of them. I've learned a ton and they teach you from the ground up (depending on the course).

All the teachers are very prestigious, at least, one of the teacher is an MIT alumni, another a research professor at standford, and I believe the co-owner of Reddit is doing a class aswell as the co-founder of Google appears many times in the class.

Best of all the class isn't just lectures, it's extremely interactive and not boring.

EDIT: Sorry didn't read the whole question. As Gandalf stated with his class, these classes offer a certificate of completion, but do not fair as well as a physical study. However the education you get from these courses are not hindered at all; it's a fabulous experience.
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: