Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mint Chip Challenge
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Zren

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:26 pm   Post subject: Mint Chip Challenge

You must be the age of majority (read the rules) to submit applications. They have docs for Java, .Net, Javascript and Hosted(?).

http://mintchipchallenge.com/
http://developer.mintchipchallenge.com/

I'm still reading through the site and familiarizing myself with the API, but I figured some of you might be interested.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Mint Chip Challenge

Thank you for this, this looks pretty interesting, and I already have a few ideas for it.
trishume

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:26 am   Post subject: Re: Mint Chip Challenge

It looks cool but I cannot think of anything to write. If I think of something I will sign up though.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:52 am   Post subject: RE:Mint Chip Challenge

I really hope that they actually go through with this. As far as I can see, it replaces all the need for cash (as you only need some device to be able to read a micro sd card. Such a device could be produced for a very cheap cost, and with no continual cost like debit/credit).

The security is always a concern, but each device is set with a maximum value (so even if you break a single device you still can't take that much), and the chip, and the versions expire after a certain amount of time, forcing people to upgrade to new firmware.

Really though, even if it could be cracked, it wouldn't be a perfect hack, and it'd be the exact same as printing bills.
Beetrain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Mint Chip Challenge

I got accepted for it, seems like a really cool summer project. I already have an idea based off a existing system that works really well.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Mint Chip Challenge

Me too. I'm excited to receive my copy in the mail.
Sur_real

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:06 am   Post subject: RE:Mint Chip Challenge

Oh man this sounds so cool but no free time for me :/

What platform are you guys developing on?
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Mint Chip Challenge

I just got my chips. I am developing a couple different applications, one web based, one .NET based, and one PICchip based. (all different ideas).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: