Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Lord of the Rings Online
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Leo Crimson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 pm   Post subject: The Lord of the Rings Online

Any other regular players here?

If not, I highly recommend it; it's free and a pretty good MMO in my opinion.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Beastinonyou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 pm   Post subject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Online

Meh, I've tried it before.. I wasn't intrigued long enough to get addicted to it..

By the way: Guild Wars 2 Beta Sign-Up available til' tomorrow: https://beta.guildwars2.com/, it's only open for 48 hours
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:36 pm   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

I play too much TF2 to have any time for that.
Aange10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 pm   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

TF2?
RandomLetters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:05 am   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

You dont know team fortress 2?

Anyways, I tried LoTR online in beta testing, but when it was released I couldn't afford the $15/month and quit. It was a pretty cool game tho.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 am   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

Does it do anything differently than all the other Everquest clones (WoW, WAR, etc)? Is there any real innovation, or just the 'innovation' that every identical MMO RPG claims to have but doesn't?
Zren

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:12 am   Post subject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Online

Beastinonyou @ Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 pm wrote:
By the way: Guild Wars 2 Beta Sign-Up available til' tomorrow: https://beta.guildwars2.com/, it's only open for 48 hours

Thank you for ced information sir; *hands over a jot*.

Raknarg wrote:

I play too much TF2 to have any time for that.

Holy mother is that game addicting.
RandomLetters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:01 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

Insectoid @ Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 am wrote:
Does it do anything differently than all the other Everquest clones (WoW, WAR, etc)? Is there any real innovation, or just the 'innovation' that every identical MMO RPG claims to have but doesn't?

Yes, it is based in Middle Earth.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:30 am   Post subject: Re: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

RandomLetters @ Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:05 am wrote:
You dont know team fortress 2?

Anyways, I tried LoTR online in beta testing, but when it was released I couldn't afford the $15/month and quit. It was a pretty cool game tho.

It's free... It's just the usual pay for extras, like runescape or LoL.

It is essentially WoW (like pretty much exactly the same) except free.. I wish WoW was free like it lol.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 pm   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

It's free up to level 20. And theres a lot to be done up till there
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 pm   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

There is a lot to be done up to there, but it sucks because that is like 10% of the game
Aange10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:52 pm   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

It's only $15 a month. That's less than you probably pay for milk and cookies.

$15 for 816 potential hours of play time.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:08 pm   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

or $60 for skyrim and unlimited hours of play.
Aange10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:38 pm   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

It get's old after a while. I never liked it, but I have friends who practically lived it... for a month or two. Now most of my friends are back to MMORPG.

Skyrim is good, but WoW to Skyrim is Apples to Oranges. They are completely different.

In its own sense, WoW is worth $15/mo
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:35 pm   Post subject: RE:The Lord of the Rings Online

THat's what I mean I can't pay per month for games, a flat $60 for Wow would've been fine.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: