Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Early admission questions?
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hannibal423

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:38 am   Post subject: Early admission questions?

Hi I am in grade 11 with following grades in first term:
English 11:83
Math 12 enriched:94
Physics 11:96
Social studies 11:97
Chemistry 11:87(got a teacher thats like an army officer Confused )

which gives me a 91.4%,hoping to get 94% in second term

I am wondering,is that good enough for early admission into UofT or UofW for computer science co-op?

also how exactly does early admission work?do i just get a mail from the universities that im invited,or do i go through that whole application process or what?Thanks! Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
RandomLetters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:42 am   Post subject: RE:Early admission questions?

yes
crossley7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:37 am   Post subject: RE:Early admission questions?

You will have to apply next fall likely online and then you receive an e-mail/actual mail saying that you have been accepted.
hannibal423

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Early admission questions?

hey ive been wanting to do a volunteer program in India,3 weeks of helping local kids and i get 50 volunteer hours.would that help my AIF or make me look better some way or another?or would universities be like "phhffff helping kids,what does that have to do with programming?"?
crossley7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:01 am   Post subject: RE:Early admission questions?

Everything helps. If you do that it would be looked at as an international interest and being active and a leader. Generally good characteristics that portray your personality and will help them gauge how you might be able to excel at university.

Your work habits are nearly as important as knowledge for succeeding in university.
hannibal423

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:30 am   Post subject: RE:Early admission questions?

hey in university of toronto,in their offical website one section of the site says comp sci is calculated using 4 courses(5 if calculus is required,so 5) but another page,also from the official site,talking about undergrad admission,says its based on 6 grade 12 U&M courses.whats going on here? :/
crossley7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:10 am   Post subject: RE:Early admission questions?

English, Calculus, I believe Advanced Functions and your top 3 others for Ontario students. If it isn't advanced functions, then it is compulsories + 4 others which is where the 4 comes from. All universities look at top 6.
hannibal423

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Early admission questions?

what if im not from Ontario?Im from BC,does it mean its a total of 5 courses?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
crossley7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Early admission questions?

From the Waterloo page when I googled what is needed. Toronto should be similar.

Quote:
High School diploma with 4 academic courses at the Grade 12 level.
Provincial exams are not required, except for Grade 12 English.
If you write a provincial exam, your better grade ? either your in-class school grade or your final grade (blended school and exam mark) ? will be used for admission and scholarship decisions.
For Grade 12 English, your final grade (blended school and exam mark) will be used.
Courses such as Law 12, Comparative Civilizations 12, and Social Justice 12 are acceptable academic courses for admission consideration.
For the new mathematics curriculum, the Mathematics 12 requirement listed above is equivalent to either of the new courses Foundations of Mathematics 12 or Pre-Calculus Mathematics 12.
While British Columbia has automatic electronic submission of your grades, they will not arrive in time for our admissions decisions. You'll need to ask your school to send us a transcript of your final semester mid-term marks.

This was found in about 30 seconds. Try googling and you will be amazed how quickly some basics such as number of courses needed can be found.

So based on your previous comments it will be the 5 courses. 6 is for the Ontario students
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: