Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 C++11 support?
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
.text

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:00 pm   Post subject: C++11 support?

Does dwite's judge support C++11(0x)? I'm planning to some of its features in the next contest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B11
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:02 pm   Post subject: RE:C++11 support?

currently http://dwite.org/judge uses g++ (GCC) 4.6.1 (MinGW)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
.text

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:07 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:C++11 support?

Tony @ Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:02 pm wrote:
currently http://dwite.org/judge uses g++ (GCC) 4.6.1 (MinGW)

awesome, it supports most of C++11's features. What about VC++? Any chance of upgrading to 2011 developer preview?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:13 pm   Post subject: RE:C++11 support?

that doesn't seem like a high priority at the moment. The developer preview version will expire soon anyway, and would have to be replaced... again.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
coolgod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:19 am   Post subject: Re: C++11 support?

only thing good in c++11 i found was the support for unordered sets/maps (AKA hash maps). They are already in the gcc collection though, I'm pretty sure you can use it, it's just very annoying and buggy to use.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:56 am   Post subject: Re: C++11 support?

coolgod @ 2011-12-07, 1:19 am wrote:
only thing good in c++11 i found was the support for unordered sets/maps (AKA hash maps). They are already in the gcc collection though, I'm pretty sure you can use it, it's just very annoying and buggy to use.

There are plenty of neat and useful updates in C++11 (as a read through of the wiki article would show you). Unfortunately, they still don't solve the many serious issues behind C++ as a high level language.
coolgod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:42 pm   Post subject: Re: C++11 support?

i meant major improvements to c++ from c++11 for contests, care point out other new useful contest stuff?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:21 pm   Post subject: RE:C++11 support?

Yeah, just about everything from the Core language usability enhancements, that makes code easier to write.

- Initializer lists
- Type inference
- Range based loops (for-each)
- Lambda functions
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: