Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 here all my stuf again dam
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
draddog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:50 am   Post subject: here all my stuf again dam

here tell me what u think of the first link im working on it i want to know it is a good idea (its in order of when i made)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

go Jesus!
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I guess it's an alright start.. Not very playable as there's no story, and a lot of things don't work (Jesus for example does nothing... kind of just stands there)

besides, text adventures are not very appealing. Its cool how you tried to incorporate that visual map (much better than all of those compleatly blind maps), but it's still very small.

It is also annoying to type out each command in full. You should think of switching tawards a more graphics oriented UI.

pope_and_pals.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.17 KB
 Viewed:  4014 Time(s)

pope_and_pals.jpg

Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
draddog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what it is is the skills dont work so it donst do dmg its the monster that u are attacking that is doing the dmg
and thanks though but its just a start i have not finished it yet but i should have it finished by the middle of january sry Sad u have to wait
draddog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

and about the graphics i think it would take much longer i will just use a short form like one char Smile lol but i will make the map bigger thanks though again
draddog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

this new one modifies the first quest and makes it so that it dosnt crashes and also str now does affect dmg

New WinZip File.zip
 Description:
update 2

Download
 Filename:  New WinZip File.zip
 Filesize:  287.76 KB
 Downloaded:  185 Time(s)

Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

actually I like the improvements so far. Nice Very Happy Those field rats are nasty though, not sure how they keep on healing 50% of their max HP all the time Confused

Now you just need to add a bit more character to the game to make it more interesting.

casts_anti_pope.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.29 KB
 Viewed:  4002 Time(s)

casts_anti_pope.jpg

Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
hdef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: hey

submitting it without my permission eh O.o lol
ha anyway
u have turing at home now right adam?
And yes the plot sequence of this game will eb very twisted just you wait...
i wanted to add graphics but he insisted that it would be too hard...
(Note i am the mastermind behind the idea... havent done much of the code but yea >,> that doesnt matter... damn school work)

But if u dont have turing at hoem then i will be actually working on it with u in school...
BPhelmet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

does my stats affect me in any way?

it seems no difference between 10 strenth and 30 strenth
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
hdef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

currently it doesnt effect much... game still in progress but strength will only allow you to wear gear, ie. armor, helm, shield.... and will increase melee dmg as the agme progresses
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: