Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mamp
Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
copthesaint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:06 pm   Post subject: Mamp

Just wondering if anyone has had experience dealing with MAMP and has leapord Mac.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:39 pm   Post subject: RE:Mamp

I have some experience with web servers, and it's enough to know that you really should be using Linux for web servers. If you absolutely can windows is an option, although not very good, and mac is really not an option for released servers (up until a couple years ago, even apple didn't use their server software)
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Mamp

Unless you want a server on localhost to actually be able to develop any code. Then OSX work just fine (although you don't necessary need a full-out Apache for that... something more lightweight might be preferable).
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Mamp

I need it to make a website like itockphoto s going to ask if anyone knew what to do if completly locked out from accessing the main root user, however I found after alot of hard work that you just have to delete the mamp folders and re install it... alot easier then I thought. So right now Im just wondering why when I attempt to connect to my sql data base, use local host Christian pass xxxx it wont let me connect, however when I use root, with pass root it will connect...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Mamp

mysql's users are not OS users.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 am   Post subject: RE:Mamp

I know, i have created my user in mysql, it fine at the moments however right now only root at localhost will work.
2goto1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:32 pm   Post subject: RE:Mamp

Unless you granted rights to your MySQL user to access any database, MySQL users by default require rights to specific databases. See the reference at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/adding-users.html for info.

Have you tried logging into the MySQL shell from the command line and connecting to your database? If so, what error message is the MySQL shell indicating to you?
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: