Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help with HTML
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gosho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:41 pm   Post subject: Help with HTML

Hello

I Am Soon starting to study HTML in School and Would need Help.Please ell me an thing you can about HTML.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
azndragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1. You already posted this in another topic.
2. I doubt people will just come here and tell you everything.
3. If they do, for some people, the post would be HUGE!
4. You might wanna search the web for some HTML sites that cover the basics, and more advanced aspects of HTML.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why would you want to learn EVERYTHING before you even start the class? that will just get in the way.

Though we will try to help you with specific questions. Or you can even ask as what kind of stuff you need to learn to be able to do something with a specific goal, not just "build a random site that does everything"
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
gosho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I Prbably didnt Express myself right, What I wanted to ask is for some Help(Anything That Might be Usefull)
I want to learn somethings before I start this in school becouse I want to be prepeared.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohh... Very Happy

well our HTML mod is slacking off so unfortunatly we don't have any tutorials up yet Sad

Maybe someone should write it. Anyone?

Anyway, HTML is not a programming language... lots of people confuse it. Its a descriptive language that basically describes how the webpage should look like. Unlike the programming language it does no calculations and output is always the same. Though you can change that by adding new elements such as JavaScript, CGI, PHP, ASP, etc.

in HTML you use tags <likethis> to descibe how you want you page to look like.

such as tag <b> will make all the text that follow bold, untill it seems </b> tag.

Similar tags are <i> and <u> for italic and underline.

there's <br> for new line.

<a href="www.swat.danpages.com">link to swat</a> is how you make a link to another webpage.

The thing is, you don't really need to know HTML in detail. Not many pages are done on HTML basis anymore and even if they are - they are being autogenerated by Visual Software where you can simply drag and drop all the items you need.

Did you know that you can save MS Word and MS Powerpoint in a webpage format? Sites would look lame but its that simple.

More advanced software such as MS FrontPage and Adobe Go Live are especially designed for such purpose. And they both allow you to make the page Visually and fine tune it using HTML (often colorcoded and highlighted). I like geocities Java pagebuilder. Its powerful, efficient, and FREE.

When you do start the class, please do me a favor and ask your teacher WHY you need to learn HTML and make webpages in notepad when you have software such as MS Frontpage and Adove Go Live Available. I'd like to know a responose to this question. 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
gosho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanx for the description I will look in to hTML sites and books:lol:
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, if you could later post some tutorials on HTML while you study it, it'd be great Very Happy

Since I might be doing some CGIing later on and HTML tutorials will come in useful Wink
gosho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I will post everthing We do in Class:)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bout those tutorials, i can help make some of those tutorials, but most have them have already been done, like forms and tables and other basic tags. neone who needs help can holla and i'll see if i can help. seems like a million years since i've last posted, tony and dan remember, back in the day when i used turing, lol
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: