Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Really Dell....... Really?
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ecookman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 pm   Post subject: Really Dell....... Really?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I was venturing over to the support page on dell to find a update for a audio driver and saw that.....REALLY?!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Zren

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:18 am   Post subject: RE:Really Dell....... Really?

They really failed at that pop-culture reference. The least they could have done was use the unicode heart. ♥ <- Something tells me it's going to fail because CompSci's a unicode hater. Edit: Nope. It just hates accents. ?
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:12 am   Post subject: RE:Really Dell....... Really?

+2000 points for whoever calls Dell Support about this and asks them to fix it. +5000 points if you record it and post to youtube. Laughing
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:40 am   Post subject: RE:Really Dell....... Really?

For some reason it bothers me when businesses try to identify with the younger generation like this. I mean, my school's cafeteria has 'i live green' signs (yes, a little i) and my eyes start bleeding every time I see it. Internet shorthand, memes and pop-culture references belong on TV, games and the internet. It's just unprofessional at any other time.

Reminds me of parents who try to use slang.
2goto1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:31 pm   Post subject: RE:Really Dell....... Really?

I'm sure that Dell will take to "heart" your completely irrelevant market segment feedback about their small business owners marketing campaign
ecookman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:14 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Really Dell....... Really?

Insectoid @ Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:40 am wrote:
For some reason it bothers me when businesses try to identify with the younger generation like this. I mean, my school's cafeteria has 'i live green' signs (yes, a little i) and my eyes start bleeding every time I see it. Internet shorthand, memes and pop-culture references belong on TV, games and the internet. It's just unprofessional at any other time.

Reminds me of parents who try to use slang.

+INFINITY
its nice to know that I am not the only one who dies a little when I see stuff like this in a professional environment, especially when they try to hard.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: