Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Hate it or Love it
(No ending time set)
Hate >:G
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
Love it <3
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20

ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

mirhagk @ Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 pm wrote:
Okay lol I was confused. So does that mean every update is now just going to say "A new update" and not tell me whether it's something minor like a bug fix, or something major like UI changes?
Pretty much, yes.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 am   Post subject: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

That's going to annoy the heck out of me.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

mirhagk @ Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 am wrote:
That's going to annoy the heck out of me.

Why? If you still want version numbers, they will be on the about:support page.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

But the point is I want to know before I close all my tabs, stop what I'm doing, and wait for it to download/install, is whether they just changed the spelling of a word, or whether they actually did something useful.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

Nah, they can only tell you the level of awesomeness Razz :
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

Can we have mutiple versions? I'd like to have the beta and something more risky like the nightly.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:06 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

mirhagk @ Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:36 pm wrote:
Can we have mutiple versions? I'd like to have the beta and something more risky like the nightly.

Yes, I remember trying that once...
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

Alright sweet. And worse case scenario I'll just use internet explorer or chrome instead.

EDIT: Also when is the no release numbers taking effect, I just downloaded nightly and it's called FF8
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

mirhagk @ Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:07 pm wrote:
Alright sweet. And worse case scenario I'll just use internet explorer or chrome instead.

EDIT: Also when is the no release numbers taking effect, I just downloaded nightly and it's called FF8

I believe that the next release to consumers (FF7) will not have numbers.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

okay, so it's only on consumer end? Nightly, aurora, and beta will still have numbers, lol sorry this is just all confusing to me.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:38 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

mirhagk @ Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:08 pm wrote:
okay, so it's only on consumer end? Nightly, aurora, and beta will still have numbers, lol sorry this is just all confusing to me.

I actually have no idea...but yes all versions will still have numbers, they will just be hidden better. Perhaps these early builds will keep numbers out in the open to make dev life a little easier...
goroyoshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

RAAAGH, RAGE it keeps crashing on me every 10 seconds, ill stick to google chrome thank you very much
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

goroyoshi @ Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:34 pm wrote:
RAAAGH, RAGE it keeps crashing on me every 10 seconds, ill stick to google chrome thank you very much

Maybe you should send a bug report to Mozilla to help fix the problem Wink ...
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Firefox 4, Hate it or Love it?

I would like to just say I love using Nightly, because it kicks ass in the speed department. But the no add-ons thing is kinda a bummer, and I need to use IE9 for alot of sites to make them work, and especially for my job (testing of some of opentext's software), since they don't exactly support development builds of web browsers lol.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 6 of 6  [ 89 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: