Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 NetBeans w/ C++
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
unoho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 pm   Post subject: NetBeans w/ C++

Hey guys,, I am having problem setting up netbeans so that i could do my c++ assignment with it.

when i write code and try to combile it, it says "Make is missing or invalid".
wht should i do?

a picture of my screen is shown below.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:28 pm   Post subject: RE:NetBeans w/ C++

It looks like gcc can't find cc1plus. Check that cc1plus is on your environment's PATH variable. You can check this by typing 'cc1plus' (without quotes) at the cmd prompt and hitting enter; if it says "can't find command", you will need to add its directory to your path (google that); if it gives output, then it is correctly installed. If you change your PATH variable, you will need to restart NetBeans for it to take effect.
unoho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:13 pm   Post subject: Re: NetBeans w/ C++

kk..so i added the MinGW and MSYS to the system variable..and im still having tht problem. i also restarted netbeans and command prompt..but no change

DemonWasp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:25 pm   Post subject: RE:NetBeans w/ C++

Sounds like the problem has nothing to do with NetBeans, but with your install of MinGW. Try this article: http://zieaon.co.uk/MinGW-cc1plus.html

You should be able to use g++ at the command-line before you try running it through NetBeans.
unoho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:16 pm   Post subject: Re: NetBeans w/ C++

k..after installing MinGW again,, i realized that i didn't have g++ installed.. so this time i installed EVERYTHING!! and im still getting the following error:

DemonWasp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:28 am   Post subject: RE:NetBeans w/ C++

Try googling the specific error message if this link doesn't help.
Xupicor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:43 pm   Post subject: RE:NetBeans w/ C++

How did you manage to install MinGW without g++? Wink
Well, to be sure you have pretty complete set of tools, install MSYS (you may need it, but it's not essential for basic stuff) and this MinGW "distro": http://nuwen.net/mingw.html
Then download GDB from MinGW download page (it'll need libexpat...).

Actually, just follow this step-by-step tutorial of mine to do it: http://thenewboston.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=8056
Sorry if linking to other forums is against the rules, I plan to move it somewhere, but at the moment it's where I posted it first.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: