Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 msn
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
w00rm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:01 am   Post subject: msn

how would you make a file send itself to everyone in its contact list, posing as a game or something, just a joke i'm pulling on my friends, i have tried many things buy none of it works. please help
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha Laughing

well I'm thinking that you'd have to trick people into downloading the file as an MSN-addon - a new game. Best way to do so would be to modify "invite to play game" packets to basically invite to play the new game. Invatation "fails" since they dont have the "game". At this point you start transfering file with modified packets to say something like "would you like to accept MSN-addon - nameOfGame".

It's all in the presentation really. Modify the packets to say what you want, and it would look quite realistic to an average person Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
w00rm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know you can do that but i'm saying how would you get a file to send itself to everyone in their contact list once that download and execute the file.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well... one thing is for sure... it is impossible to send some1 a file through msn without needing him to accept the download and after completed download user must run in manually...
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you're better off spreading your worm through M$ Outlook. Seeing as it has VB integrated into it, you can easily write a programs that would email itself to everyone on the contact list.

It is much harder to do so though MSN since majority of contacts are usually offline anyways. And contact list itself is stored on the MSN server rether then on the computer (there might be a temp file though), so that creates more problems.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
w00rm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i have already made it spread through outlook that is too easy now, plus no one ever uses the outlook express anymore, they use msn. I know you can do it there have been many worms that have done it in the past.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

there has never been a worm passed thru msn... without the victim accepting it... or atleast i've never heard of it...
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Homer_simpson wrote:
there has never been a worm passed thru msn... without the victim accepting it... or atleast i've never heard of it...

i tink it is posable just inrdebly hard to do.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well ok.... think about it... basically all you can do from your computer to the other computer that's connected to msn is send info over the open port that connection's been established on... no matter what data you send over the connection, Nothing's gonna make msn accept the file yer sending with user approval...
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: