Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Exams
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:34 pm   Post subject: Exams

this is my first year taking comp sci class....and its getting near to exam time.
i was just curious about what a commom compsci exam is like, what sort of questions are on it?
can anyone describe some of their previous exams, ie, what type of questions where on it, how hard was it?

PS, i am in gr.11 compsci
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I remember when I took compsci last year, we had written tests for midterm, and make-your-own-game as final.

our test was ok, we had half a page of terminologies, and the rest programming challenges, in which the teacher gave you a task, and you have to do it, on paper.

But it really depends on your teacher though, some teacher focus on terminologies while others focus on problem solving.
poly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For mine we had an ISU to do and than an exam which consisted of like 3 problems that we needed to do and print off, than we had tons of terminologies.
Rudiger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,oh shit,
i need to finsh my prgram shit shit shit thanxs for remanding me damn damnit damnit fuck damnit damnit damnit damnit damnitdamnit
ok i need to finsh 3 more battles and you kill trogdor yeah Laughing
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really depends on your teacher Confused

one of my teachers focused on terminology and how things work. Questions like "whats the difference between RAM and ROM?" or "what does DIMM stand for?"...

my other teacher just had multiple choice for definitions of various VB syntax and likes to ask to write really small (1~5 lines of code) programs or correct mistakes in his programs (its really funny to find more mistakes then he intentionaly put there Laughing )
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so far he has not given us an ISU...the only project he as given us this year(just got last day of school) is a 5 page report and any peice of technology lmao

and we havent studied any terminology lol

basically, he teaches us something about turing...then gives us a few questions, and we got to do em, when everyone is done...we move on....he doesnt teach us anything but turing, we got VB on the comps...but nope, only turing lol
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Our exams are on paper and we have to write a program , using the syntax given to us like,

Use 1 function
no more than 5 loops
use a Complex loop
a decreasing loop
declare no more than 10 variable
use strint
octopi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Our exam...I think....I have a shitty memory was like this.

We had to spot the errors in a program printed on computer.
Definititions
Truth table (maybe)
we had to write a program on paper.
then we had like 3 programs we had to do on computer and print out.

it was pretty easy shit.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i forgot my exams.. sheez that was my first compsci year o well..

but i know the tests i had were all timed programming tests. heh nice and easy
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I cnat stand programming for exams on paper, i like to be a t home plug in my usb toaster make a couple pop tarts and code for like 48 hours ,programing on paper is much harder than you would think , i dont mean fix the errors i mean like a full program on paper just feels weird
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: