Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Paint Program (Please comment)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
peterchen1995

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:57 pm   Post subject: Paint Program (Please comment)

This is my first painting program. Enjoy!

I hope to make some more versions in the future.

Please comment/rate!

Paint 1.0 EXE.zip
 Description:
Peter's Painting Program

Download
 Filename:  Paint 1.0 EXE.zip
 Filesize:  336.41 KB
 Downloaded:  326 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
peterchen1995

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Paint Program (Please comment)

Oh cmon I need some feedback here
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Paint Program (Please comment)

Really good program...might be nice if you added an eraser function (a square that draws white)...
peterchen1995

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Paint Program (Please comment)

Oops sorry forgot to mention. Right click is eraser. OOPS
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Paint Program (Please comment)

Have those buttons toggle or visual que the user to let them know if it's selected or not.

The right click is an earsor, however i think you should have it "outline" where exactly it will earase. Give it different sizes for all the options (like thick lines, thick paint brush, bix earase)

Also, it would be cool to add a "FILL" color feature, to color the inside of a box a certain color, etc.

looks decent. maybe add a few star/arc/etc drawing abilities to.
peterchen1995

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:01 am   Post subject: Re: Paint Program (Please comment)

Thanks Token, I implemented a change in the coding so that the button that is selected is highlighted. What do you mean by outlining the eraser?
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:32 am   Post subject: Re: Paint Program (Please comment)

It's a good start. I suggest you re-examine the layout of your screen, the choice of locations of tools feels arbitrary. I would also like to a option to control the size and shape of your spray paint. I know you are concerned that if you make your spray bigger that it won't be fast enough. Right now you are drawing 1 pixel each time around your main loop. If you added a for loop to your random pixel you could control the speed better.
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Paint Program (Please comment)

outline it, So we draw a box say 10x by 10x big, anything inside that (black border earaser) gets removed. and make it sizeable changable to.

just so the user knows what exactly is being erased.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: