Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Dwite Round 3
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
crossley7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:27 pm   Post subject: Dwite Round 3

Well, this contest is over... I sucked at it overall, and had solutions for 2 problems time out on me which kinda sucked, but I really liked number 4... can we have more bfs problems on here in the future?

But im wondering what a good way to solve number three is... i figured out the logic behind it, but had no idea how to code it.

but if im off track, can you let me know? I believe the concept of number 3 is for example with input of 6, the logic would work like this
3 * 3 * 3 (3 sets of the combinations to solve 2x3)
2 * 3
3 * 2 (combinations of sequence 4 * combinations of sequence 2)
2 (combinations of sequence 6)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite Round 3

I will be writing up a formal analysis of the questions. Stay tuned for that.
Shanethe13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite Round 3

I really liked this contest, although I'm not sure what happened with problem 1. I'll have to take a look at the test cases.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Dwite Round 3

crossley7 @ Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:27 pm wrote:
Well, this contest is over... I sucked at it overall, and had solutions for 2 problems time out on me which kinda sucked, but I really liked number 4... can we have more bfs problems on here in the future?

I don't like that idea...my team and I failed at that question Embarassed
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite Round 3

#4 wasn't a question that required BFS. In fact, there was no pathfinding required at all. It was merely a simulation. I will have the analysis of the questions up by tomorrow. I am a bit busy with final exams, so sorry about being a bit late.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: