Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 sorting technique c/c++ code
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shanebond

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:15 am   Post subject: sorting technique c/c++ code

Hello everyone i'm new to this kind of things plz help me to solve this , if anyone can post the c/c++ code also i shall be thankfull to you Smile

An eccentric doctor visits his patients in order of decreasing age. Patients entering the waiting list specify not only their names but also their ages. Each time the doctor wants to visit a patient, the oldest is selected and removed from the list (so children may have to wait a very long time). Write a program, based on elementary sorting techniques to sort this list on first on Age and then on Patient ID, which this doctor can use.

Before

PatientID Name Age
P102 Arif Taj Mairza 50
P203 Sadar Khan 65
P546 Afsheen Bano 34
P605 Kai Whong 45
P340 Hanah Duong 23
P391 Usman Habib 65
P200 Alina Shah 34

After
PatientID Name Age

P203 Sadar Khan 65
P391 Usman Habib 65
P102 Arif Taj Mairza 50
P605 Kai Whong 45
P200 Alina Shah 34
P546 Afsheen Bano 34
P340 Hanah Duong 23

Solve this problem by applying four different elementary sorting techniques that are

a) Selection sort
b) Bubble sort
c) Insertion sort
d) Shell sort
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:11 am   Post subject: Re: sorting technique c/c++ code

I kept deleting your threads, but they just kept popping up. Since I deleted yet another one of your duplicate threads with a response this time, let me quote it here.

A.J wrote:
A: Never make multiple threads in different places. This is actually where it belongs.

B: We don't do your work for you. Steer you in the right direction, perhaps, but nothing more. I realize you are new here, so I am merely letting you know how things work around here before other people get offended.
As was said above, we will not do your work. We can, of course, point you in the right direction.

An enterprising copy paster should be able to find C++ implementations of all the required sorting algorithms on Google. Of course, this does not appear to be the case. You appear to be doing a very poor job of cheating on your assignment.

Attempt to solve it yourself and post back if you get stuck.
shanebond

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:51 am   Post subject: RE:sorting technique c/c++ code

i have done this so far , now plz guide me how to sort this with respect to patient id and age

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

typedef struct
{
char name[100];
int patientno;
int age;
} Input;

int main (int argc, char *argv[],int pno)
{
int i;
int NUMBER_OF_PATIENTS;

cout<<"Enter number of patients:";
cin>>NUMBER_OF_PATIENTS;

Input input[NUMBER_OF_PATIENTS];
int patientno;

for (i=0; i < NUMBER_OF_PATIENTS; ++i)
{
cout<<"Enter patient no: ";
cin>>input[i].patientno;

cout<<"Enter patient name:";
cin>>input[i].name;

cout<<"Enter patient age:";
cin>>input[i].age;
}
for (i=0; i<NUMBER_OF_PATIENTS; ++i)
{
cout<<"P"<<input[i].patientno<<" "<<input[i].name<<" "<<input[i].age<<endl;
}
system("pause");
return 0;

}
OneOffDriveByPoster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:12 am   Post subject: Re: RE:sorting technique c/c++ code

shanebond @ Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:51 am wrote:
int main (int argc, char *argv[],int pno)
What is this "pno". Why do you use it? Does your research indicate that it is portable?

int NUMBER_OF_PATIENTS;
This is not a constant. I do not think all-caps reflects that.

Input input[NUMBER_OF_PATIENTS];
VLAs are not part of the C++ Standard.

system("pause");
Are you getting this from iostream? Should you be?

I suspect that the assignment came with suggestions on how the sorting should be done. I see no attempt at sorting here.
Think about what you need to do the sorting: you probably need to do comparisons and you probably need some way of reordering the data.
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: