Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Just want to make sure how DWITE works....
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Helldemon80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:47 pm   Post subject: Just want to make sure how DWITE works....

Hey Guys,

Anyways this Wednesday will be my first time participating in the DWITE contest, as well as the first time for our school. We have signed up and everything but i was just wondering how the submissions works. Do you submit the file by email? Also do you have to write to a file as well as read from a file? We plan on using Java and i know how to read from a file in Java I just don't know how to write to a file in Java, if so I will have to learn in the next couple days.

Anyways Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Just want to make sure how DWITE works....

There will be an input file named 'in.txt' or something (it will be specified on the website). The output must be written to a file called something like 'out.txt' (again, specified on the question page). I recommend you look at some of the old questions to see how everything works and is formatted.

Note that output must be EXACT- leading and trailing spaces can and will be evaluated as incorrect. There is a sample output form on every question that must be followed exactly.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: