Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 HTML with lightbox
Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
websitedsc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 am   Post subject: HTML with lightbox

Hi Everyone,

I would like to learn more about using html in lightbox script as it looks cool, can google index the info? anyone got any great links on this subject.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
2goto1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:53 pm   Post subject: RE:HTML with lightbox

Hi websitedsc, Google tends to index web page content even when hidden with CSS. That said you should be able to create a lightbox from hidden content on your web page. Alternatively you can likely use lightbox with iframes. I've used the iframe approach before with another modal dialog UI component called shadowbox. The jQuery UI dialog component is pretty good as well and also supports iframes.

I've found that providing your website content is physically on a rendered HTML page and accessible through standard links on your website, it will get indexed.

You could always do a test over a day or two with either approach to see how it goes!

2goto1
Mikleena

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:06 am   Post subject: Re: HTML with lightbox

Hi,
Lightbox is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page. It's a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers.
Thanks.
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: