Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 map editor, snake, and a game with a minimap!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:22 am   Post subject: map editor, snake, and a game with a minimap!

I got pretty bored, so I started programming. I first created a map editor, there are only like 8 tiles, (grass,dirt,lava,sand,a wall, a tree, etc.) But you can save, and load maps. Also, since the screen is soo small, I added the ability to scroll to different parts of the map, making the map 20 tiles bigger on all sides. Very Happy
The Second is the old game, Snake. I got bored during this, so the only thing it does, is when it hits the blue circle, it adds one to the tail, and speeds up by one every 5 balls gotten.
The third is a basic chase game, you are a box, and you use the arrow keys to move around the map. You are only able to see inside a 100 pixel box around you, everything else is black. BUT, there is a minimap in the top right corner! When you get within a certain range of an enemy, he chases you. This all shows up perfectly on the minimap.
If anyone has any questions on how I accomplished any of these, just ask.
(PM or reply...but PM will get a response faster)

[3D!t] If anyone likes these, bits are appreciated, heh. Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: