Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 First Person Shooter (not rpg er anything)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:23 am   Post subject: First Person Shooter (not rpg er anything)

The idea for making this program came from a friend in my programming class. (a real beginner with high hopes) He looked like he was having a lot of trouble making a Shooting Gallery type game, so I decided to design one to help him. This program uses mousewhere to make a target box around the mouse. I also drew a background with some random guy. Hit certain parts of his bodies, get certain shot points...and a comment from the guy. Please, if you want, feel free to make comments.

Program Name: Shooter Game
Code Length: 162 lines

[EDIT] Program removed for more room for more uploads
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats pretty cool, but what is "SHOT:" for. like is that what each body part is worth? I am gonna assume that cause when I had no bullets left and was still shooting the guy it kept changing
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

seeing as this doesnt actually have source code... I moved it to [Turing Submissions].

But ether way, its interesting. Would be much more fun if the guy actually moved around Smile
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:30 am   Post subject: reply

The "SHOT" is the amount of points you get for the current shot. And yes, its for what bodypart is shot. (ex. You shoot him in the head, Shot: 120, Guy says sumthin like "oww!! you shot me in the head!)
I didnt really want to go into depth on this program, only to show my friend the basics on how to make a shotting gallery work. Thats why I didnt make him move...but it would be a pretty good idea. Ill suggest it to my friend.
Thanks for your input Smile
juniorspank

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I like it!
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, thanks. I started up another project like that, im helping some newbie programmer get good. Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: