Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Microsoft Excel Question
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:53 am   Post subject: Microsoft Excel Question

So I'm trying to keep track of my work hours in Excel (for my own records) and I'm wondering how I can count the hours I work using the cells they are in.

In one cell, I put what time I started, and in the next I put what time I finished.

So it'd be like:
10:00 12:00
I want to get a function that will print "2" for me, meaning it counts the hours I've worked and somehow displays them in number form.

Anyone know how to do this? I'm sure it can't be too hard but I can't figure it out.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
chrisbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 am   Post subject: RE:Microsoft Excel Question

Excel supports date/time formatting and arithmetic. If you have 10:00 in cell A1 and 12:00 in B1, enter =B1-A1 in another cell. To format it the way you want, right-click it -> Format Cells -> Custom (should be there by default) and in the Type box, enter h (for hours), or h:mm, etc...
rar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Microsoft Excel Question

Yeah I figured it out, my only problem was adding them but I had to multiply the sum by 24. I had been hoping not to put it in as 24-hour time, but to not do so would require more formula modification and so it's fine the way it is. Thanks anyway!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: