Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 VB or C++
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
aliveiswell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:00 am   Post subject: VB or C++

I have started learning c++ and my friend has started learning vb. The first program he made was a cool windows calculator, and the first one I made was a stupid mad libs thing using variables. Is it worth learning c++ if I can learn VB. I need people's opinions on what language I should learn first. I put this in a c++ forum, oops.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i f u want to be very productive and rapid in ur development then VB, else.. for a few other reasons u might as well learn c++. btw a lot of games are written in c++ =/
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, VB is a very easy to learn language, so if you don't mind, learn both. VB first and then C++. And if you had any programming experience, then VB should be a breeze. Once you are done that, go to C++.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree with AsianSensation, you should learn VB first, then C++. Thing is, you can write really fast functions in C++, then import them into VB via the use of .dll or ActiveX (I think). That would bring out the best of both languages.

Rapid application development of VB with the use of power of C++ 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
aliveiswell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm actually hoping to switch to linux on my computer soon as soon as I work some things out. Ask VB is Microsoft, does that mean that I can't use it with linux? I know that c++ can be used in linux because this guy showed me some cool stuff. Can I use VB in linux?

Anyways, C++ actually seems easier than VB because it is kindof similar in setup to Turing which I can do a little of.

Thanks for the help.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

as far as i know vb only wroks on M$'s os's. thats why i dislike it. i think protabilty is VERY importent in an progaming langue. hostly i perfure java since it can be ran on almost anything. Alougth vb is a good thing to lrean and can be funner b/c you can make good looking progames fast.

there is also VC++ witch is simsiler to VB but it uses the C++ language but also can be harder to use b/c it reuires more knogale of the langauge.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Visual Basic is definitely the best
C++ isn't as powerful as Assembly
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: