Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Dwite #3
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:01 pm   Post subject: Dwite #3

THere's an error in the sample output.

For this input:
set2_one 10
set2_one 10
set2_one 20

Shouldn't the output be:
set2_one 0
set2_one 0

And not:
set2_one 0

Because there are TWO empty bolls that he finished. I mean, I thought that if two bills were identical, you odn't output one of them....but that only returned 2/5 when I submitted it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jaspws

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Dwite #3

I had the same problem, except that I assumed that you should simply combine the original bills in the case of duplicates, making the original output :

set1_one 5
set1_two 5
set2_one 0
set3_one 5

However, under this assumption, I got 0/5. I assume AJ's solution is the intended one, however there is still an error with the output either ways (unless there is something stupidly obvious we're all missing).
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite #3

I blive you (AJ) are correct, the sample output is wrong and should be:

set2_one 0
set2_one 0

However the test cases the juge is using should be correct and not have this issue.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite #3

Then, shouldn't I still get my first submissoin and the 10 bonus points? As I assumed htat your error was justified and made an assumption
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite #3

Sorry:

"7. Decisions of Judge DWITE are final. " ~ http://dwite.org/rules
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite #3

but it wasn't my fault...well, w/e. Thanks anyways
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite #3

I know. The reason for jugging decisions being final is more logistical then it being the users fault. If we allow scores to be edited, the results will never be final and we will have to spend alot of time dealing with possible individual cases of what some one would have scored if X was not wrong which would be better spent on improving the judge and questions (so X does not go wrong again).

If is any consolation, it looks like you won this round.
Cyril

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite #3

Ah. I thought that if you had already printed 0 because of an overflowing amendment, you had to refrain from printing it again.

Oh well- there are competitions with much higher stakes in the very near future!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Dwite #3

Yea, that's what I thought too Cyril.

Anyways, thanks Dan, and thanks for another fun round (this goes out to Tony as well, obviously) Very Happy
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: