Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DWITE Competition help
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
tecnikal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 pm   Post subject: DWITE Competition help

Hey guys,

Please put this thread in another part of the forum if it is not in the right place.

I started a computer science club at my school and on March the 25th, we will be writing the DWITE contest.

Now, I am kind of confused about the input and output .txt submission requirement.

Can someone explain this to me please? Preferably, using the C++ programming language?

One more thing, what exactly do the teams submit? I know it is source code for the answers to the problems but can someone clarify? Is there something else that needs to be submitted?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:24 am   Post subject: RE:DWITE Competition help

Check out the past questions and samples for example input/output. Most questions tend to follow a fairly similar format. The data is read from a text file of the specified name, and output is written to a text file of specified name.

The teams submit a single source file for their language of choice. That choice is made from the list of languages available to the judge -- http://dwite.org/judge

Please not the version and platforms. In case of C++ it is a G++ 3.4.4 compiler on Cygwin. It really sucks when a solution works on your dev machine, and then something goes wrong on the judge, because of some difference in compiler versions. You don't have to develop on the same setup, but try to approximate the conditions for a test run before file submission. There are only 2 tries per question, and a lot of teams appear to forget to do any testing, and get burned by silly mistakes.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: