Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Book Recomendations
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Craige

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:38 am   Post subject: Book Recomendations

Beings I didn't see a topic like this, and I feel that any programming forum needs one for every language, I decided to post it myself.

Most newcomers to a language are often looking for books to start with, and being the kind programmers we are, I feel we should compile a list for them before they ask. So here, post a review of your favorite PHP books, and we can get started on this.

PHP & MySQL Web Development third edition
This is one of the best beginner - intermediate books for PHP that I have read so far. It can take you from knowing absolutely nothing about the language, to being able to work with libraries such as GD, and IMAP. It is defenatly worth picking up.

My biggest disappointment is that the book does not cover OOP in that great of detail, but then again, OOP can take up a book on it's own.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:31 am   Post subject: RE:Book Recomendations

I've mentioned it already, but Programming PHP 5 2nd Edition (O'Reilly).

Like I says, good for people already intimate with their programming self. Goes over many libraries (GD, PEAR, PDO, FPDF, etc) and even OOP.
robotforce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:22 am   Post subject: Re: Book Recomendations

For oops I would say it better if you go through other oops languages like C++, that can give you better understanding of t the subject. Once you are clear in these concepts only major thing that you need to learn in PHP is session ID and cookies. Otherwise it is up to the practice you do.
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: