Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What Language Did You Write the CCC in?
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What Language Did You Write the CCC in?
(No ending time set)
C#
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Java
37%
 37%  [ 13 ]
Turing
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
C++
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Visual Basic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pascal/Variations
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Ruby
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Python
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Other
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

That Asian Guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 pm   Post subject: What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

For me, C#.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:56 pm   Post subject: RE:What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

The only language I would ever write a contest in, C++!
konnetikut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm   Post subject: RE:What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

Wrote in Java last year. Tried to learn C++ last week; gave up and wrote in Java again. Will of course learn C++ if I make it to stage 2 ;P
Shanethe13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 pm   Post subject: RE:What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

Java. I wanted to do it in Haskell, but it doesn't seem like that's an option.
TerranceN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:45 pm   Post subject: RE:What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

C++... I practiced on the past senior problems, which when taking more than one input from a file, it took input up to the next space or new line. I chickened out (as I can also write it next year) and took the junior competition, which requires console input, of which I only know cin.getLine(). I did not realize until j3 that more than one input would be placed on one line, so I had to learn, during the competition, how to tokenize a string in C++. Of course I made errors in pointer arithmetic, and it ended up taking me 45-60 minutes to make a tokenizer, which is why I only had 20 minutes to try and do j5, which I failed to do. I kinda wish I would have picked senior...
DtY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:44 pm   Post subject: RE:What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

Python, I did a bunch of practise questions in C, but I had no idea how to do any of this set in C (without wasting needed time)

[edit]
c++:
#include <iostream>
int main(void) {
    int somenthing;
    cin >> something;
    return 0;
}

Will read a single integer, and then can be used again to get the next, not mattering if it's on the same line, or the next (ignores whitespace)
That Asian Guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

TerranceN @ Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:45 pm wrote:
C++... I practiced on the past senior problems, which when taking more than one input from a file, it took input up to the next space or new line. I chickened out (as I can also write it next year) and took the junior competition, which requires console input, of which I only know cin.getLine(). I did not realize until j3 that more than one input would be placed on one line, so I had to learn, during the competition, how to tokenize a string in C++. Of course I made errors in pointer arithmetic, and it ended up taking me 45-60 minutes to make a tokenizer, which is why I only had 20 minutes to try and do j5, which I failed to do. I kinda wish I would have picked senior...

hate pointers... one of the main reasons i switched from c++ to c#
DtY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:46 pm   Post subject: RE:What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

What's the big deal with pointers? I've never had an issue with them (well, I did once, but that was caused by me not knowing the order of operations with unary reference operator, and array indexing operator).

I generally avoid pointer arithmetic though, in a loop I'll use change an integer, and use that to retrieve array indices, instead of storing a pointer to the array index I'm working with.

According to Google, this is fast enough on a modern computer to warrant having no support for pointer arithmetic in Go, so that's good enough for me Smile

[edit] I guess there's very little relevancy in this post.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 pm   Post subject: RE:What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

I used Ruby. I had a lot of reviewing to do on it during the contest, looking up methods and such, so I only had time for S1 and S2. Was worth it though. First contest not in Turing or Java!
SS1389

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:06 pm   Post subject: Re: What Language Did You Write the CCC in?

I haven't written it yet, but I plan to definitely use Java.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: