Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jdubzisyahweh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 am   Post subject: GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

dont remember how to get music to run, pls help, see "menu" proc.

millionare game2.1.t
 Description:
only 12600 linez

Download
 Filename:  millionare game2.1.t
 Filesize:  428.08 KB
 Downloaded:  299 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
chrisbrown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 pm   Post subject: Re: GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

Quote:
12.6 thousand lines

You're doing it wrong.
Euphoracle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:03 pm   Post subject: Re: GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

methodoxx @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 pm wrote:
Quote:
12.6 thousand lines

You're doing it wrong.

You're doing it so wrong.
TerranceN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:33 pm   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

I thought this kind of thing (repetitive, tedious work) was what scared many people away from programming. Either I was completely wrong, or you are one hell of an outlier.

Anyway, you should just use a text file for all the questions and answers, then you just need to make 1 version of each procedure, and just load a new question and answers each time you need to.
jdubzisyahweh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

i know!!!!!, just want to add music,,,, TELL ME HOW PLS
jdubzisyahweh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:12 am   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

thanx though fer the text file thing, not sure how to do that either though
jdubzisyahweh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 am   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

by the way, i find the tedious stuff sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!!!
thats why i like to program
jdubzisyahweh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 am   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

see "menu proc", want to add music!!!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:03 pm   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

First, quadruple-posting is poor manners. Post everything in one go, or edit your last post.

Second, that "tedious work" is a terrible idea. It makes your program impossible to modify easily. If you wrote it properly, you'd have well under 500 lines, and changing something would be easy - you'd have to change it in exactly one place, not dozens scattered about your code.

Third, you need to start thinking about the properties of objects. For example, a question is an object. It has the question statement (a string), some number of answers (each of which is a string, hopefully in a list or array) and some concept of which answer is correct (probably an integer). That's what defines a question. Given that, you should be able to write a procedure which takes the question, gets the user's answer, determines whether they are correct, and responds appropriately. This shouldn't be more than 100 lines (probably about 20, more with graphics involved).
Turing_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:46 pm   Post subject: Re: GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

Wow people you don't know how to play music?
Turing:
process BGM
    Music.PlayFile ("YOUR_FILE.mp3")
                       -or-
    Music.PlayFile ("YOUR_FILE.wav")
                       -or-
    Music.PlayFile ("YOUR_FILE.MIDI")
                       -or-
    Music.PlayFileLoop ("YOUR_FILE.mp3")
                       -or-
    Music.PlayFileLoop ("YOUR_FILE.wav")
                       -or-
    Music.PlayFileLoop ("YOUR_FILE.MIDI")
end BGM
%Some code later
fork BGM % Play music in background
   -or-
BGM % Play music, halting program until it finishes.

Seriously, people.
Do we need to make a Tutorial about playing music in Turing?
USEC_OFFICER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:48 pm   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

Why? It is so simple. Also you don't need to use procedures, but without the fork the music will play over the background music. (Can't play two at once.) However whenever you want the music to stop, simply play a .mp3 or similar with nothing in it.
Turing_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:50 pm   Post subject: Re: GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

Or use Music.PlayFileStop
USEC_OFFICER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:52 pm   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

There was a problem with using it or something. Check the turing help files. It's in there.
mother teresa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

hey when i try to run your game it wont allow me it says that you did not declare
f05
b1
b2
b3
chopperdudes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 pm   Post subject: RE:GRD 10 millionare game w/ 12.6 thousand lines of code

i know it's by the same OP... but doesn't the startup graphics look... rather similar to this? http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?p=208071&no=1#208071

u can get it to at least run if you comment out those 4 lines of code. and he claims the other one he found 2 years ago, and only upgraded the graphics...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: