Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Ah, I see now.

Quote:
The next k lines each contain a single character, followed by a space, followed by the binary sequence (of length at most 10) representing the associated code of that character.

However, some of the input files contain as many as 20 digits in the code for a single character. UWaterloo has some explaining to do!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
That Asian Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

does anyone know how the scoring works?

i tested my programs and for J4/J5, only some of the cases worked
techietim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

That Asian Guy @ Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:57 pm wrote:

Each question is worth a maximum of 15 points, making your total mark out of 75.

Depending on how many test cases there are, you'll get X number of points for correct output on a test case. For example, J4 has 5 test cases, thus making each correct test case worth 3 points.
That Asian Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

techietim @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 pm wrote:
That Asian Guy @ Wed 24 Feb, 2010 8:57 pm wrote:

Each question is worth a maximum of 15 points, making your total mark out of 75.

Depending on how many test cases there are, you'll get X number of points for correct output on a test case. For example, J4 has 5 test cases, thus making each correct test case worth 3 points.

wait but then each test case has multiple parts, what if i all but one of the parts, how do part marks work?
konnetikut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:20 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

That Asian Guy @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm wrote:
wait but then each test case has multiple parts, what if i all but one of the parts, how do part marks work?

You should probably go ask your teacher.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

You get 1 mark for each test case. I don't know if part-marks exist. From what I saw (mine was marked in front of me), it's a right/wrong situation. Perfect output? 1 mark. Small mistake? 0.
jli1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:54 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

insectoid @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm wrote:
Ah, I see now.

Quote:
The next k lines each contain a single character, followed by a space, followed by the binary sequence (of length at most 10) representing the associated code of that character.

However, some of the input files contain as many as 20 digits in the code for a single character. UWaterloo has some explaining to do!

Yeah exactly. I'm going to complain to my teacher to get her to complain to the organizers Razz. Its odd they didn't catch such a big mistake...
That Asian Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

insectoid @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:53 pm wrote:
You get 1 mark for each test case. I don't know if part-marks exist. From what I saw (mine was marked in front of me), it's a right/wrong situation. Perfect output? 1 mark. Small mistake? 0.

what about the ones that make you continue until a stop sequence is entered?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jli1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:12 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

That Asian Guy @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 pm wrote:
insectoid @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:53 pm wrote:

what about the ones that make you continue until a stop sequence is entered?

AFAIK most judging uses diff, so its most likely that points are still all or nothing in that case. As for each test case being worth 1 mark, thats incorrect as there are variable numbers of test cases, and yet each problem is still worth 15 marks.
andrewshen123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

So I think I got questions S1-4, but only just got past parsing the input on S5 before running out of time, so I just outputted the hard-coded number 42. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a point or two on it Smile. I don't know when my teacher will be marking it though. I hope to see some of you guys at stage 2, if I get in.

And yeah, if it's like past contests, each test case is worth a different number of points. Also for test cases with multiple parts, I think you need to get them all right to get the points.
konnetikut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

andrewshen123 @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:35 pm wrote:
so I just outputted the hard-coded number 42. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a point or two on it Smile.

No, you won't? I'm pretty sure Waterloo checks for these.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Waterloo will check it, your teacher won't. Marks are based purely on the output; the teacher doesn't even have to look at the code. If you do well and your teacher sends your code in to waterloo, THEN they will check it over.
That Asian Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

andrewshen123 @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm wrote:
So I think I got questions S1-4, but only just got past parsing the input on S5 before running out of time, so I just outputted the hard-coded number 42. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a point or two on it Smile. I don't know when my teacher will be marking it though. I hope to see some of you guys at stage 2, if I get in.

And yeah, if it's like past contests, each test case is worth a different number of points. Also for test cases with multiple parts, I think you need to get them all right to get the points.

the test cases have been released go check http://access.mmhs.ca/ccc/index.htm Smile
DtY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

I thought of a really clever way to parse s5 input in python, that I'll post if I'm allowed to yet.

I'm sure lots of people thought of it though.
That Asian Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

DtY @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 pm wrote:
I thought of a really clever way to parse s5 input in python, that I'll post if I'm allowed to yet.

I'm sure lots of people thought of it though.

im pretty sure youre allowed to, since answers for J1-J4 have already been posted in the above link
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 6  [ 83 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: