Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!
Index -> Contests
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jimjim168

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 am   Post subject: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Yeah, tomorrow in Beijing,China, we are going to have CCC2010! What a great thing!
So here, anything about CCC is welcome!
Here we go! Cheers~ Very Happy

---
P.S. something that we ought not to forget!
1. Close the file before the program exits. Or you would get no points.
2. Initalize the variables before using them. Very important.
3. Save your code as the competition goes on.
4. Double-check the name of your code, and the input file name as well.
5. Stay calm during the competition.
6. Eat some chocolates before the competition to get enough power. Your brain will be burning in the next three hours.

At last, good luck to you all! You can make it! Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

CCC in china? I thought it was a Canada-only competition.
Shanethe13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Yep, the contest is also offered in China according to the CEMC website.

Anyways, I just finished writing the Junior Contest about an hour ago, and through it went really well. I was able to finish all five problems within an hour and a half or so, so the rest of the time was just spent trying different test cases. I'm pretty confident on 1 - 3, and 5, but the wording for question 4 was a little odd, and I'm not sure if I did what it was asking.

How did everyone else find it?
cavetroll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

I finished problems 1,2, and 4 on the senior contest. Unfortunately, I won't get any marks for number 4 because I forgot to remove the profiler when I submitted. I realized about 5 minutes after leaving the contest room.

3 and 5 I had the beginning of a solution for, but ran out of time before I could implement them.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

I'd like to mention that no complete or partial solutions or strategies should be posted until the deadline for teachers to send solutions in, as some people potentially have not done the contest yet due to inclement weather or whatever.
konnetikut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

I did the senior contest - finished problems 1, 2 and 3. Did not attempt 4 or 5. It's already been marked; I got 45/75.

I know two juniors that got 72 and 75.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:35 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

did S1 and S3, got angry, called it a day.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Not even S2? That one was easy! Even I got it and I had to half-relearn Ruby!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

ah shut up : P I misread the problem statement, half coded a binary tree, then realized what it was asking.

btw, I thought this year was supposed to be easier? that's the hardest one yet!
Shah-Cuber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Agreed
S1, S2, S3 ... No time for S4 & S5
Who else cried when they read S5?
Kam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

This was my first time attempting the senior problems (I've been doing the junior ones for the past two years) and I have to say.. it went pretty horrible for me lmao. S1 and S2 I got but i took way too long in completing them... S3 I had no clue where to start. I understood S4 and attempted to do it.. but I couldn't even get the input working correctly. S5 i looked at first page of the question, then fixed to next page, saw a tree diagram, got intimidated, and then went back to looking at S3 and S4

But I have to say, it was a good three hours.
chengbin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

I did the junior contest. I did J1,J2,J3, and a half baked J5.

The first 2 questions was easy, J3 was substantially harder, but still doable without thinking first. I finished the first 3 questions in 45 minutes, and devoted the rest for J4 and J5.

I only know Turing, and we're not even close to finishing everything. I couldn't do J4 because I didn't learn what's needed to do that question.

J5 was brutal, it took almost an hour just to approach this program, how to start, and coming up with an algorithm.

I finally figured it out that calculations can only bring you so far, and when you're a few spaces away you have to manually analyze the positions and come up with all the scenarios. I managed to get a half baked one working for a few spaces, but I took too long analyzing and finding out why some inputs wouldn't work. Even if I had the time I probably wouldn't bother. The code was pretty ugly and I got tired of it.
Draymire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

I just did the junior one today, i found it really easy, maybe i should have wrote the senior one. Smile i finished problems 1-4 in about 1 hour and spent the next 2 hours working on problem 5. i had a program that worked for their test cases for problem 5 but not my own test cases. Sad Anyways i think i will play around with the senior competition for fun.
Shanethe13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Seems like it was the opposite with me. I found problem 5 of the junior section to be the easiest, and spent the most time on number 4. Well, easiest as compared to the last three. The first two will obviously be the easiest.
chengbin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:21 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Shanethe13 @ Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm wrote:
Seems like it was the opposite with me. I found problem 5 of the junior section to be the easiest, and spent the most time on number 4. Well, easiest as compared to the last three. The first two will obviously be the easiest.

Really? 3 was pretty darn easy. It just takes a while to code. No thought was required.

But I do agree that 4 was harder than 5.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 6  [ 83 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: