Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 *Good program for creating flowcharts...
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
CjGaughan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:15 pm   Post subject: *Good program for creating flowcharts...

I need something quick and easy...as quick as possible!! LOL

anythign that will create the flowcharting for me? (i need it for turing)

thanks in advance
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ummm no... but i'm not sure about what ur asking... u want a program that makes flow charts? or do you want somebody to make it for you..
and hey... i had that sig b4, but dan took it off
CjGaughan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ill take that pic off..ive heard lots of horror stories (people overreacting)...

but anyway...

I just need a piece of software that will make and print flowcharts (like a template, for eg.)...where I just type in the info in the necessary places (something easy and quick..like i said)...

and the second part of my question was if there was a program that will just read the programming language, and do it all for you....
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok well, no... there is no such program, but you can make it on vb very easily... and for the second part, are you out of ur f****** mind? how lazy can you be?
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm sure you could find a program to make flowcharts somewhere... there's useless junk like that all over the internet. worst case scenario, use mspaint. i'm sure you know how to make flowcharts by hand so you should know the shapes... and if you don't, i doubt a program for making flowcharts would help you.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MS Word has those boxes and arrows... you can easily draw a flowchart there Smile
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
CjGaughan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
ok well, no... there is no such program, but you can make it on vb very easily... and for the second part, are you out of ur f****** mind? how lazy can you be?

hey..its perfectly possible!...and yes ...i am lazy....especially when it comes to more than 100 lines of code...lol...(i got like 550 or sumthin like that)
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but the whole point of flowcharting is the planning. it should be done before the programming. and even still, it should be a simplified version of the program's source code (or rather, the source code should be a complified version of the flowchart) so it should be a lot shorter even if you have a hundred lines of code.
take evasive maneuvers for example, it's about 3200 lines of code, but in flowchart form it'd be... ok bad example. but still, the flowcharting shouldn't be too long... but does you're teacher really make you convert programs to flowcharts?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CjGaughan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
but the whole point of flowcharting is the planning. it should be done before the programming. and even still, it should be a simplified version of the program's source code (or rather, the source code should be a complified version of the flowchart) so it should be a lot shorter even if you have a hundred lines of code.
take evasive maneuvers for example, it's about 3200 lines of code, but in flowchart form it'd be... ok bad example. but still, the flowcharting shouldn't be too long... but does you're teacher really make you convert programs to flowcharts?

good point...lol

yes...we got some dumb stuff to do..im gettin 99 in class..but we still have to do algorithms/flowcharts (to learn to plan, and to learn how a program works)..which i already know, so i find this quite boring. (we have to do it for quite simple programs). I dont think i've done the flowcharting before a program once! LOL

ill see how "simple" i can make it...
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heck, just turn everything into procedures for the sake of really easy flowchart Laughing

_____
|start|
``|``
__|_______
|user input|
````|````
____|__________
|respond to input|
```|```````````
___|__
| end |
`````
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
FDisk87

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Visio, if you can afford it.
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:

lol he just had to show off...
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

but that is short tho... for something as amazing as his
FDisk87

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flow charts are not a bad idea when you are working on a large project. Planning is important regardless of the method. If you just sit down and start coding without putting any thought into it, you could end up with something great, or more likely you are gonna end up with a messy POS. Which may or may not run, and if it runs it may or may not perform it's task properly.

Internal documentation may not be neccessary for classroom work, but it has a purpose. It is attempting to get you to think logicly like the machine would through a problem.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good point. but my problem is that i just don't see the purpose of converting an already written program into flowchart format.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: