Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Super Smash Bros
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
cherrytop3000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:10 pm   Post subject: Super Smash Bros

A game I made in computer class based on Super smash bros

Culminating.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Culminating.zip
 Filesize:  7.45 MB
 Downloaded:  3178 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
baseballplayer13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Super Smash Bros

pretty good game, i would suggest toning down the acceleration a lot though, because it makes controlling the characters pretty hard, and add new maps, like some with platforms and stuff, but otherwise, i liked it
Magix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Super Smash Bros

For a Turing game, this is amazing. I've only started learning Turing today and I already can see that this is a crazy-awesome project.

I recommend making an animation of some type for the hits
twinblade27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Super Smash Bros

it is awsome but i agrree you should tonedowm the acceleration
Prince Pwn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Super Smash Bros

Sweet game for Turing! It's actually really good, you should improve on it and keep updating it.
Turing_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Super Smash Bros

Well done...
One thing... Need more maps and items (ex. Raygun)
petree08

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:41 am   Post subject: RE:Super Smash Bros

don't have a loading screen if you are not actually loading anything
BigBear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:57 am   Post subject: RE:Super Smash Bros

When you go off the map you should come back onto the screen from the other side you are already moving them to the middle so it wouldn't be too hard.

Look into parameters for procedures or even functions and array 's for pictures.

You could put all your pictures and music in another folder within your main folder and then when you assign your picture variable include the new folder.

And use variables for the controls so that the user can change them, if you use a text file you could even save control configurations.

It feels like the whole game is covered in ice and make it hard to control.

All in all good game +bits
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cherrytop3000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Super Smash Bros

Thanks for all the positive feedback. To be frank, I posted this game and forgot about it until recently I was awarded 30 bits (thanks to bigbear, but what are bits?). I unfortunately stopped working on this awhile ago because I finished computer class and moved on to other things, so I forget mostly how it works now. I think I can agree with you guys on the acceleration of the player it is too fast. Unfortunately, that's harder to fix then it sounds. I couldn't find a happy medium for acceleration because when it is translated to the position of the player, it becomes rounded to the nearest whole number. To experiment with this yourself got to procedure guymove (line 486, the velocity control for player 1) and change the vx subtraction/additions (at lines 495 and 500) by a slight bit and you will either hyper super smash bros. (higher then 1.08), or granny super smash bros. (anything lower then 1.08). Feel free to find another solution to this problem yourselves. Another possible solution is to change the overall speed of the game. To do, go to line 1484, you will see a "delay(30)", the higher this delay is, the slower the game runs, but the choppier it will be. When I was creating this game, I didn?t focus on organization of the code and the files along with it, I was making it specifically for the class. As for the friction, it has the same problem as the velocity; any change higher or lower will result in a major change because it is rounded. The loading screen can easily be removed from the game by deleting lines 2481 and 2482 (the lines that read ?loading? and ?loading 2?). This was a criterion that I had to meet in my class; I think it was pointless as well. Despite the encouragement, I will not be updating it myself anymore. I thank you very much for the positive feedback, but I have drifted away from Turing. However, you guys can fool around with it yourselves. I did provide comments with the coding that can help you guys a lot in manipulating the game. I wish you guys luck if you attempt to do so, and thank everyone once more for the comments, and bigbear for the bits, despite me not knowing what those are anyway.
BigBear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Super Smash Bros

This is why you should declare constants at the beginning of your program so you do not have to search all the through it to test or edit it
cherrytop3000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:59 am   Post subject: RE:Super Smash Bros

Besides all of the pictures, I think most of them need to be variables, but definitely a good idea nonetheless.
jdubzisyahweh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Super Smash Bros

release source code pls
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: