Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Disabling/Enabling Hotkeys
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DaisukeShiiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:39 am   Post subject: Disabling/Enabling Hotkeys

Hello World!
As you can tell by my 1 posts that I'm new here and to VB.
Due to my school's cheapness, my school stopped using VB 6.0 and switched to the free VB Express, so I'm just hoping that this would work x.x

Me and my partner are making a jeopardy program, and due to my partner's stubbornness of instead of making it 1 player Vs 2 computer, we'd have to make it 3 players, where each player would have a hotkey to buzz in.

This is what I have so far;

Dim counter As Integer = 0
Private Sub Form1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles Me.KeyDown
Select Case e.KeyData

Case Keys.L
Timer1.Enabled = True
counter = 0
Case Keys.D
Timer1.Enabled = True
End Select
End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick

counter += 1
If counter = 15 Then
Timer1.Enabled = False
MessageBox.Show("Time's up")
End If

End Sub

It's just a bit of a rough outline, but my question is, how to disable the hotkeys when someone presses their hotkey o.o

Please and thank you. Even though I'm using VB Express, I'm sure that VB Express and VB6 are very close, so inputs in VB6 is still kindly appreciated.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: