Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CompSci.ca Contest?
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Should CompSci.ca have a Big Contest Like the CCC?
(No ending time set)
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 25 ]
Only if there are good prizes
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No option
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

even though google is sending a cheque you should probably try to raise money other ways, google ads is a good idea but maybe you can promote other ppls sites, paypal has become popular and there are many other ways, posibly make your own products, i know sites that sell t-shirts or maybe sell @compsci.ca emails, many of the things in the shop coud be sold for $ so make a system in the shop where they can pm you and you can chanrge them to buy certain items (im just brainstorming what comes to mind first you dont actually need to listen to me)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

right.......do u know how much work and compulations whould be invaled in that? Poleop all ready get mad enought when somitng gose down on the site and they are not paying anything.......

I whould rather find some big comapny to supsore the site, tho i am not a big fan of the hole selling out thing....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha dont sell out... just get sponsers
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

djlenny_3000 wrote:
there are many other ways, posibly make your own products, i know sites that sell t-shirts

There's an idea. Compsci.ca could get a CafePress account! It's really simple to set up and totally free. If you charge above the minimum that CafePress insists on, the profits go straight to you. Easy, no? And I think stuff like that would sell-- who wouldn't buy a T-shirt featuring some famous Hacker Dan typos? Very Happy Poleop anyone?
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha, i'd buy the book of typoes if it wasnt open sourced
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:

There's an idea. Compsci.ca could get a CafePress account! It's really simple to set up and totally free. If you charge above the minimum that CafePress insists on, the profits go straight to you. Easy, no? And I think stuff like that would sell-- who wouldn't buy a T-shirt featuring some famous Hacker Dan typos? Very Happy Poleop anyone?

We have thought about that, but we did not think many/any one whould whont a t-shirt with such things on it Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:10 am   Post subject: definite buy

without a doibt i would buy sumtin dumb err.... "interesting" like a tshirt that says "poleop sya i tyep bda" or "i signed up for compsci payed $10 dollars for this crappy t-shirt and all i got was this crappy t-shirt." or maybe sell like turing reference books or other program languages, maybe would be kool, also the book of typoas would be fun to buy
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
Poleop anyone?

Hey, back off. That's my trademark Hacker Dan typo!
I guess that would be pretty hilarious for a t-shirt if I actually knew Dan personally and saw him face to face once in a while whilst wearing the shirt. But other than that it just makes us look geeky to people who don't understand it (and even to those who do if you think about it).
But I'm sure there are other t-shirt ideas out there, good thinking.
(maybe "dTeam, anyone?" Wink )
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: